Disabled Workers Forum
Discussion Forum
Employment - FAQ
Disabled Workers Co-operative
Home About Us Disabled Workers Database Employment eJobs Portal Discussion Forum Directory Support Us Contact
Disabled Workers Co-operative Community

This area is being replaced by our new Facebook Group where you are weicome to discuss your experiences of disability and employment,

You can visit our Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DisabledWorkers/

Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Questions about disability and employment
 Green Card ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  10:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I register disable with the D.W.P
I am registered with the local Council ,I'm a blue badge holder ,but I'm told I should be registered with D.W.P to get a green card or the likes
cheers So your an expert trebor" I'm not so sure,I'm not on benefits nor do I want to.When I went to my local Council to get a blue badge and bus pass, I was told I could have one or the other unless I was registered disable with the DWP then I could have both. Thats why I asked the question .
If you do your homework you will find the D.H.S.S as it were called in the past issued green cards to disable people.And yes I could claim benefits if I choose but no"too many people claiming and some are not disabled as they say,I read some of the posts on here and its all about claiming money.
I'm out of here NOW

Expert Member

United Kingdom
175 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  14:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What green card we do not have green cards in the UK. You cannot register with the DWP, if your disabled and getting benefits the DWP will have a file on you, if your looking to get benefits then talk to your GP or the benefits office or to the CAB.

The only other green card the DWP does not give out, this card is mainly used by people who drive outside the UK and gives information on the min amount of insurance you have on your vehicle, it's handy if your driving across boarders.

But the UK does not have a register anymore, you have no need to register with a council or anyone else, because we must be treated the same as non disabled people, since they do not need to register nor do you.

If your looking to work in the USA then you have to contact the Emnassy
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  11:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a friend of mine was issued a green card in 1976 and until the scheme ended in 1999. She was led to believe that this would entitle her to NI contributions but they have not been credited. Does anyone know what the old green card scheme entitled you to.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum © 2003-2019 Disabled Workers Co-operative Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Follow Disabled Workers on Facebook

Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative. Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative - all without charging you a penny more. Get started raising money for Disabled Workers Co-operative today.

Sponsor this Page

The Disabled Workers Co-operative Ltd. Reg No. 4418227

Charity Reg No.1112402

Make a sonation

[Home] - [Contact] - [Cookie Policy] - [ Privacy Policy] - [ Terms and Conditions ]

© Disabled Workers Co-operative founded 2002