Disabled Workers Forum
Discussion Forum
Employment - FAQ
Disabled Workers Co-operative
Home About Us Disabled Workers Database Employment eJobs Portal Discussion Forum Directory Support Us Contact
Welcome to the Disabled Workers Co-operative Community

This area is designed as a forum where you can discuss your experiences of disability and employment, ask questions, and pass on advice and experience to others.

To post or reply to a topic you need to register on the Forum 1st. Forum Register
If you are already registered, enter your username and password into the boxes below and click the login button.

FORUM DISCLAIMER

Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Home Working
 Home Working
 Homeworking Scams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neil

39 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2003 :  17:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone considering a "Homeworking scheme" should be aware that although there are genuine opportunities, there are other unscrupulous people out there who just want YOUR money.

These people target those least able to lose money, such as the disabled, pensioners, one-parent families or the unemployed.

These schemes almost always involve sending some kind of upfront payment.

They advertise in newspapers, they also put notices on lampposts, or in shop windows, or put leaflets through doors. Even this well meaning Forum may not be immune to such scams

Examples are:
Addressing and stuffing envelopes, where you need to send a registration fee. Usually all you get is worthless advice on how to place adverts like the one you responded to.

Home Assembly kits, you have to buy the raw materials from them and they then buy the finished article back from you. However, this rarely happens. You are told that your goods are not up to standard and just end up out of pocket. They may even try to sell you another kit.

If you have any experiences of either GOOD or BAD Homeworking schemes please let others know by replying to this topic.

Neil

If you think a scam has been placed on this Forum please contact Adminimmediately.

Neil

39 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2005 :  11:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unsolicited e-mails offering you a job

These give the impression of coming from established companies who are looking to employ financial managers in some kind of complicated international money transfer. Often they will be linked to professional looking websites.

They offer attractive salaries working from home.

Think about it! It is not difficult to legally transfer money Internationally, so why would they need you. These are scams.

Check it out. Go to http://www.whois.net/ and do a search on the domain (website) name, this will tell you who owns it and when it was created. You will almost certainly see that the name was registered only recently. Not the well established company that the e-mail and website implied.

How the Scam works
Its purpose is to recruit job seekers to trick them into assisting money laundering, and donít expect money launders to actually pay you.

What happens is, the "employee" (you) will receive an illegal money transfer from a bank account where the customer had given their account details out as a result of an e-mail scam (you have properly already seen those and they often look convincing, but never give your pin or password out in reply to a e-mail security link) you the "employee" will then send the money to untraceable criminals. Meanwhile, you could be the one facing money laundering charges!

Neil

Go to Top of Page

Jeff

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2008 :  12:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is so true about the scams, I fell for it some years back, I'm an electronics Engineer by trade, my wife applied for the home work scheme and asked if I would also like to earn a few extra pounds, she sent off the money, I think it was around £40 at the time (And that was for each of us) The parts came through and my Job was to solder component onto a circuit board, as soon as I looked at the board I knew there was something wrong, because it was a basic cheap board and not the proper printed circuit board, now for me adding these components to the bord was very easy because I was a professional in this field, guess what? they rejected every one because they said it wasn't upto a high standard? I asked them to explain why and they gave me an utter load of rubbish by saying the joints were not of a good standard, Now I used a very expensive bit of kit to make sure all the joints were perfect.
So take the above advice and stay away from these type of con-men.
Go to Top of Page

KLS Recruitment

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2008 :  11:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I agree that there are many at home scams out there, but I offer a at home role, and I DONT ask for any money up frount, in fact it costs me a great deal to get my staff up and running, so although there are some really nasty scams out there, please be aware that not all of us are bad!!thanks
Go to Top of Page

trebor
Expert Member

United Kingdom
175 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  13:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sadly to many are frauds and scams and they all say , nope we are good. and to be honest in 20 years I've not found one single offer of working from home worth the bother.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum © 2003-2012 Disabled Workers Co-operative Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
FORUM DISCLAIMER
Follow Disabled Workers on Facebook

Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative. Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative - all without charging you a penny more. Get started raising money for Disabled Workers Co-operative today.

Sponsor this Page

The Disabled Workers Co-operative Ltd. Reg No. 4418227

Charity Reg No.1112402

Make a sonation

[Home] - [Contact] - [Cookie Policy] - [ Privacy Policy] - [ Terms and Conditions ]

© Disabled Workers Co-operative founded 2002