Status: Full Time
Job Title: Facilities Administrator
Responsible to: Director of Finance, Risk & Resources
Salary: WCVA Grade A: £17,419 increasing to £18,070 after successful completion of six month probationary period.
Base: Cardiff Bay
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays plus five discretionary days
Travel: Use of public transport is preferred; when this is not convenient staff may use their own vehicles or use the car rental system. Mileage rates are paid in accordance with recommended Inland Revenue rates.
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30am to 16:30pm; lunch 12 1pm
Superannuation: The post will attract a maximum contribution of 9% of annual salary to an approved pension scheme or membership to the local authority final salary pension scheme.
Language skills: Demonstrated Fluency in the Welsh language is essential to this post.
Aim of the Post
To assist with the provision of administrative services to WCVA properties at Baltic House in Cardiff Bay, Morfa Hall in Rhyl and in Aberystwyth.
To provide admin support to the Facilities Support Officer.
To keep the main reception area in Baltic House in order, including:
- Update and prepare signing in sheets for staff and tenants.
- Receiving and dealing with visitors to Baltic House in a professional manner and in line with procedures
- Dealing with enquiries from tradesmen.
- Updating the screen in reception area.
- To transmit, distribute and collate incoming mail and faxes at Baltic House.
- To frank outgoing WCVA mail.
To manage room bookings for all WCVA properties, including:
- Order catering and refreshments as required.
Set up meeting rooms in between meetings. Ensuring tables & chairs are set up according to specific requests, that stock is replenished and that the room is clean & tidy prior to the next meeting taking place.
To prepare & maintain a rota-based schedule of cover for lunchtimes and periods of absence.
Ensure appropriate lists, procedures and guidance notes for relief staff are maintained and are up-to-date.
To receive incoming calls and deal with them appropriately.
Produce invoices for all WCVA room bookings.
Update monthly journal entry spreadsheet for all internal room hire.
Maintain utilities spreadsheet & graphs for Electric, Water and Gas usage.
To be a first response for Video Conferencing and Teleconferencing facilities in VSAC room.
Book out ICT equipment on request.
Check & order stationery stock for Cardiff office.
This is not an exhaustive list. The post holder may be asked to carry out additional duties from time to time or, as required, by the developing needs of the service or organisation.
As WCVA is part financed by European Funding (through the Welsh European Funding Office) some of your duties may require you to spend time working across these projects. The WEFO references for these projects are 80845, 80846, 80847 and 80848.
The following are essential skills: (candidates who cannot demonstrate these skills will not be short listed)
1. Good ICT skills including experience using databases, spreadsheets, email and word processing, preferably Microsoft Office.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively with WCVA colleagues, the public and external parties in the private, public and charitable sector. Well spoken with a lively and friendly personality.
3. Experience of setting up, organising and maintaining records and filing systems.
4. Experience of administering meetings successfully.
5. Highly organised with ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
6. Has the ability to work on his/her own initiative and works well under pressure.
7. The ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines.
8. Demonstrated fluency in the Welsh language, including speaking, listening comprehension and reading and writing.
9. A flexible and adaptable approach.
10. Have a commitment to equal opportunities.
The following are key skills: (these skills are needed for the role but could be acquired on the job or through training within 6 months of appointment)
1. Experience of working within the voluntary sector in Wales
2. A commitment to WCVAs purpose and its equal opportunities and Welsh language policies.
3. A willingness to learn about new ways to operate in a constantly changing environment.
The following are desirable skills: (these skills are preferable, and would enhance the application)
1. An interest in volunteering and/or the third sector.
| Job Requirements/
For further information and to download an application pack go to: recruit3.org.uk or call
029 2043 1741 or email:
HR17419 - 18070
|Phone: 02920 431741
More Listings from WCVA
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)