Disabled Workers Forum
Discussion Forum
Employment - FAQ
Disabled Workers Co-operative
Home About Us Disabled Workers Database Employment eJobs Portal Discussion Forum Directory Support Us Contact
Welcome to the Disabled Workers Co-operative Community

This area is designed as a forum where you can discuss your experiences of disability and employment, ask questions, and pass on advice and experience to others.

To post or reply to a topic you need to register on the Forum 1st. Forum Register
If you are already registered, enter your username and password into the boxes below and click the login button.


Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Questions about disability and employment
 do i have to be registerd to be a diabetic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]


T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tahir Mirza Posted - 02/07/2007 : 13:59:00
can some one help me to let me know,been a diabetic do i have to registerd with council, as i would like to apply a job in bbc, but they only take registerd disable.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Admin Posted - 13/08/2009 : 22:27:16
Since the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) there is no longer such a thing as being ‘Registered Disabled’, although some local authotities to do still carry a register to help them assess who needs their services there is no legal obligation to do so.

However, many disabled individuals feel that they need some sort of evidence they can provide in order to protect themselves such as in employment issues.

Being in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) could very well provide the protection that some disabled people feel they need as well as providing an extra income.

DLA is a tax-free benefit that can be claimed by individuals, whether they are working or not, who need help with personal care or have difficulties walking because they are physically or mentally disabled.

Medical examination are not normally required a when a claim for DLA is made.

Disability Living Allowance has two 'component' parts a ‘care component’ (if you need help looking after yourself) and a ‘mobility component’ (if you can't walk or need help getting around) Individuals maybe entitled to receive just one or both components.

Receiving DLA might increase the amount of other benefits individuals are entitled to, such as Income Support, Pension Credit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit and is ignored as income for working out income-related benefits and credits.

You can get a DLA claim pack and get more information by visiting the Direct Gov website. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/DisabilityLivingAllowance/

trebor Posted - 18/07/2007 : 12:55:46
Well believe it or not loads of people ask to see your registration and when you tell them about the rules they say rubbish, take my cinema they said only registered disabled people can get a reduced ticket, your asked to prove your disabled I normally use to show them my catheter until the police asked me not to.

but I've found hundreds of companies still ask for your disabled registration, I said what registration even the green card did not have a number.

god the world is slow.
Admin Posted - 03/07/2007 : 09:55:23
Since the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, there is no longer any requirement or any facility to register as disabled. The old 'green card' scheme as it was has been scraped. Some councils still keep a register to help them plan and provide services, but there is now no requirement for them to do so and many don't. If you did want to see if your can go on to your local councils 'disabled persons register' then contact your local social services.

If you qualify as disabled under the DDA then you are disabled and employers are required to take account of this.

I am surprised that the advertisement says only 'only open to registered disabled' and not 'only open to disabled' people, I would ask them clarify this.


Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum © 2003-2012 Disabled Workers Co-operative Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Follow Disabled Workers on Facebook

Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative. Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative - all without charging you a penny more. Get started raising money for Disabled Workers Co-operative today.

Sponsor this Page

The Disabled Workers Co-operative Ltd. Reg No. 4418227

Charity Reg No.1112402

Make a sonation

[Home] - [Contact] - [Cookie Policy] - [ Privacy Policy] - [ Terms and Conditions ]

© Disabled Workers Co-operative founded 2002