Disabled Workers Forum
Discussion Forum
Employment - FAQ
Disabled Workers Co-operative
Home About Us Disabled Workers Database Employment eJobs Portal Discussion Forum Directory Support Us Contact
Welcome to the Disabled Workers Co-operative Community

This area is designed as a forum where you can discuss your experiences of disability and employment, ask questions, and pass on advice and experience to others.

To post or reply to a topic you need to register on the Forum 1st. Forum Register
If you are already registered, enter your username and password into the boxes below and click the login button.

FORUM DISCLAIMER

Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum
Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Disabled Workers Co-operative
 Forum
 Motorbike Courier with MD query

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MichaelMD Posted - 04/02/2014 : 18:26:35
Hello there, My name is Michael, I am 45 years old and suffer from Beckers Muscular Dystrophy, I currently work as a motorbike courier and have had my job recently altered within the same firm, the work load was heavier and I had to inform them of my disease which has caused to be unable to work for the past 3 weeks due to them claiming they can not insure me, after several letters from my consultant, outlining my health fitness which is good for someone with my condition, my work is still requiring more conformation that I am fit to do the job, MD is not a notifiable disease on the DVLA list yet I am being asked to contact them to prove I am fit enough to ride a motorcycle, I am experiencing incredible stress over this and it doesn't seem to matter which information I supply them with, it's never good enough, also, DVLA can't exactly say that I am fit enough to ride a bike only that it's not a notifiable disease so is there any way that I can prove this to my work place (ps, been riding a bike for 20yrs with only 3 accidents to date, none of which I was at fault for).
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DisabledJim Posted - 03/09/2014 : 17:22:37
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelMD

Hello there, My name is Michael, I am 45 years old and suffer from Beckers Muscular Dystrophy, I currently work as a motorbike courier and have had my job recently altered within the same firm, the work load was heavier and I had to inform them of my disease which has caused to be unable to work for the past 3 weeks due to them claiming they can not insure me, after several letters from my consultant, outlining my health fitness which is good for someone with my condition, my work is still requiring more conformation that I am fit to do the job, MD is not a notifiable disease on the DVLA list yet I am being asked to contact them to prove I am fit enough to ride a motorcycle, I am experiencing incredible stress over this and it doesn't seem to matter which information I supply them with but this new article for the SizeGenetics plan, it's never good enough, also, DVLA can't exactly say that I am fit enough to ride a bike only that it's not a notifiable disease so is there any way that I can prove this to my work place (ps, been riding a bike for 20yrs with only 3 accidents to date, none of which I was at fault for).

I'm just like you Michael. I'm not making any money because of it and I have bills to pay. I want to be a driver.

Disabled Workers Co-operative Forum © 2003-2012 Disabled Workers Co-operative Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
FORUM DISCLAIMER

Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative. Help Disabled Workers Co-operative. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and they'll donate to Disabled Workers Co-operative - all without charging you a penny more. Get started raising money for Disabled Workers Co-operative today.

Sponsor this Page

The Disabled Workers Co-operative Ltd. Reg No. 4418227

Charity Reg No.1112402

Make a sonation

[Home] [Information ] [Disabled Workers Database] [eJobs Portal] [Register] [Contact] [Discuss] [Directory] [Cookie Policy] [ Terms and Conditions ]

© Disabled Workers Co-operative founded 2002